Hyatt - Catering Sales Manager | Glassdoor

"Catering Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Catering Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Catering Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has great benefits, genuinely seems to care about work-life balance and offers ability to move up, especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Lots of time and energy on corporate mandated programs that come and go with little to no real impact. Pay is lower than what you could make elsewhere, but they do justify this with work/life balance and nice benefits. Also, there seems to be a trend towards promoting away "problem children" particularly on the Operations side of things.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to spend less time with the corporate mumbo-jumbo and more time genuinely giving people the freedom to do their jobs. Also, look at the hotels/positions that are chronically understaffed and find a way to fix it.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

"Human Resources"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hyatt truly cares about its employees. I felt this from the corporate office to the HR team on site. They understand that importance of employee engagement and work towards increasing these rates. The customer experience is dependent on this. The benefits were great. Hyatt offers hotel discounts and complimentary rooms. This is something that other hotel chains are no longer offering.

Cons

The team I worked on was understaffed for over 1 year. I worked a lot of overtime and learned much more than I would have otherwise. In the end I am not so sure it was a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Please continue offering comp rooms. This is such a perk for all staff form valet to executives. It is appreciated and something everyone enjoys. Town hall meetings are also helpful and an overall best practice. Communicate to staff the initiatives, goals, and direction for the hotel occasionally. This will only help them align their work with these larger goals.

2. "It's what you make of it"

Former Employee - Group Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Group Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you plan on a career in hospitality, Hyatt provides its employees with the ability to grow in the company through a network of professional growth programs.

Cons

It is quite competitive depending on the department requiring countless hours and a commitment to outshining the rest.