Hyundai America Technical Center - "My way or the highway". | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hyundai America Technical Center

""My way or the highway"."

Current Employee - Engineer in Chino, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Chino, CA

Pros

My job, although not a perfect situation, at least keeps me very busy with technical issues that I was hired to do. This absorbs me in a good way and don't try to think of all of the Korean culture BS. The good thing is that most of the American staff is congenial and understands how you feel.

Cons

The prevailing Korean culture that is best describes as "Daddy knows best". or "My way or the highway". Some of the downsides of working at Hyundai America Technical Center is that your opinion doesn't really matter - even if you have years and years of experience in the industry.

Advice to Management

Let the Americans help you run the show like Toyota. The Koreans have no clue about the American car market and related businesses and customer demands.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyundai America Technical Center

"Worst Career Nightmare"

I worked at Hyundai America Technical Center full-time

Pros

Annual bonus is better than industry average

Cons

Do not ever come to this pothole, you won't get out once you set your feet in. Times here will be a total waste of your career, wait, your life. Very bad vibes going around here. Everyone wants out and turnover rate is 40~50% within first 3 years. Tells a story? To make things worse, even if you are extremely talented and want to move to other Hyundai/Kia affiliates (HMA/KMA/KMMG/HMMA) after finding you really can't change anything here, managers and coordinators will do their best to stop your relocation. Why? Cuz it makes themselves look bad , don't care about you or your career. If you want to really work for Hyundai/Kia, work somewhere else but HATCI.

Advice to Management

You already should know by now why so many people are leaving, except you guys in high chairs

2. "Just an intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Hyundai America Technical Center as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Nothing bad to add or say