Hyundai Auto Canada - Safe and Fun. | Glassdoor

"Safe and Fun."

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Manufacturing in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

great place to work pay is excellent. Work Environments are clean and safe. Hyundai has become an extremely successful brand and job security is intact.

Cons

Long Hours plant shutdowns angry floor managers. Management often overlook experience for employees with an education. Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, I don't want to be passed up by a new graduate that earns a promotion based on his paperwork over experience

Other Employee Reviews for Hyundai Auto Canada

"Problematic CEO"

Former Employee - Marketing in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Ontario, CA

Pros

Hyundai is an amazing company with the potential to dominate the sector. They make a great product and many good, smart people working there. The CEO is not one of them.

Cons

Like most automotive companies it's a boys club. The CEO Don Romano has a long history of sexual harassment that's been swept under the rug at his former employers Mazda, Toyota etc. He has jumped around a lot (guess why) and most recently came from working in the Saudi Arabia, a place with a long history of respecting woman's rights.

I had the opportunity to work directly with him and witnessed several scenarios in which he articulated his beliefs and harassed lower lower level employees in that 'hey tutz' manner. He feigns being a religious man, but flirts with every beautiful woman he can and from what the girls at the office have said has pushed the limits of his power.

I left for maternity leave, which he informed me was a privilege that only beautiful women get to experience.

I find him to be a confused man, most likely searching for something his home-life isn't providing.

Advice to Management

Replace the CEO with a modern-thinking leader.

Hyundai Auto Canada Response

May 28, 2017 – National Manager, Human Resources

At Hyundai Auto Canada we pride ourselves on our open communication and progressive work environment. Our company has a number of policies and procedures in place to prevent, report and investigate... More

2. "Varies from dealership to dealership"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I worked at Hyundai Auto Canada full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience.
    Great bonus structure (but this varies within each dealerhship and between dealerships).

Cons

Management inconsistent with overall Hyundai image and direction is possible since policies and procedures vary from dealership to dealership. Difficult to voice concerns to Hyundai corperation,