I.B. Goodman Company - I have the opportunity and support to contribute to a fine company built on three generations of family ownership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for I.B. Goodman Company

"I have the opportunity and support to contribute to a fine company built on three generations of family ownership."

Pros

The company has an excellent reputation. The company is like a family and everyone is committed. I've been able to experience allaspects of business and allover the world. As a company, we determine our own commercial destiny.

Cons

Sometimes the company is too slow to implement new initiatives. Resources, human and financial, have limitations.

Advice to Management

Hire the absolute best talent possible and give them a clear mission.

Other Employee Reviews for I.B. Goodman Company

"Feels Like Home"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Newport, KY
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Newport, KY

I worked at I.B. Goodman Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I.B. Goodman has an incredible staff who is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help. I relocated to Cincinnati for this role and my co-workers truly became my second family - they supported me both professionally and personally.

I was given strong guidance but also a lot of autonomy to grow in the role. I was encouraged to create customer relationships, to always be creative and resourceful. The company is smaller but doing BIG things which exposed me to a lot of different facets of the business. There is a lot of opportunity for growth at IBG. The only reason I left I.B. Goodman was because my husband received an opportunity out West. I made lasting friendships there and still remain in close contact with many of my co-workers.

Cons

I.B. Goodman is a 75 year old company which means they are sometimes a bit slower to change and evolve. However, leadership does take suggestions very well and is always looking for feedback. Because the company is a bit smaller, there is a bit of pettiness that needs to be overcome but, overall, everyone is supportive and encouraging. There really is a focus on the future and making sure that everyone is properly respected and taken care of.

Advice to Management

Be more open. There are many people at the company that are very experienced and have a lot of great, well thought out ideas. I would suggest creating more space and opportunity for them to voice those thoughts. You may have someone amongst you with the next big thing to put IBG on the map.

2. "Close workspace."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at I.B. Goodman Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a Good stepping stone company. You will learn a lot more about the industry than you might have signed up for.

Cons

It is a very Small company. Owner operated. There is absolutely No growth potential within the company. Very small minded.

Advice to Management

Learn to encourage your employees and appreciate them.