I Supply - Driver | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Driver"

Pros

Good equipement as far as the trucks we drove

Cons

No help with routes, and you unload the truck by yourself

Advice to Management

All routes should be two man

Other Employee Reviews for I Supply

1. "Delivery Driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Fairborn, OH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Fairborn, OH

I worked at I Supply full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the pay is usually pretty decent. they pay for your hotel room on overnight routes, you can earn points at hotels. deliver food to restaurants like Popeye's, Arbys, Rallys, and Five guys so you score some free food

Cons

the health and dental insurance is TERRIBLE, management will tell you anything you want to hear to make you happy at the moment but rarely follows through. communication is terrible between office and drivers, very rare to get someone to answer the phone. very dangerous and physically demanding job. no room for advancement unless you're willing to take a substantial pay cut.

Advice to Management

retention is key to success, you offer bonuses and incentives to new hires but nothing for other people.

2. "You’re not likely to be happy here."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at I Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lost some weight working here. Store products are available at wholesale prices.

Cons

High employee turnover means never getting a day off without being called to cover a shift because someone quit or called out. Little to no information about unfamiliar routes(where to park, especially when the place you’re delivering to is inside of a large shopping mall) should you choose to cover one for them. Low pay for a job that is physically demanding and potentially dangerous, wages are barely competitive with a job that only involves driving. Upper management is constantly changing or is unreachable by phone, will tell you what you want to hear if you have ideas to make things better and then do nothing. Routes sometimes require you to violate hours of service just to make it home when you’re supposed to. Constant warehouse mistakes put you in awkward situations with customers, listening to every store tell you just how inept your co-workers are. Call in bonuses are frequently left off checks where you have to hunt someone down to fix it. Component pay(mileage + pieces unloaded) is VERY company-friendly and rips drivers off big time.

Advice to Management

Make wages competitive and maybe drivers would want to stay. Drivers should have someone helping them unload. Hold the warehouse accountable for their mistakes.