IBM - Wonderful place to gain experience and career growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"Wonderful place to gain experience and career growth."

Pros

Plenty of challenges, good benefits package, work from home options

Cons

Employees are constantly worried about the next round of layoffs. Employee performance reviews are forced into a bell shape curve.

Advice to Management

Consider maintaining a bench of employees in the service arena. We are in contant flex of letting people go and then hiring contractors who have less experience than the people we released.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"Comparatively low salary, great resume opportunities"

Pros

If you work in the service delivery areas, there are excellent opportunities to further your knowledge, and most importantly, prep you for a better job elsewhere. Good benefits.

Cons

Honestly, the situation now where I work (GDC in Dubuque), it's a freaking fiasco. I'm not at liberty to really talk about why we're in bad shape, but management is slowly killing us (all of us) thanks to the B/S that is GDF.

The pay is relatively low, the workload is enormous.. expect excruciating hours.

Advice to Management

The bottom line to why you're making such drastic moves is because you are killing your employees with the terrible "do what you're told and don't ask questions, and never deviate from the model" GDF idiocy.

"not what you think"

Pros

flexible work schedule, have a lot of opportunities to learn, friendly co-workers, health care benefit, 401K match, work-life balance, internal transfer opportunities

Cons

jobs going oversea, low moral, top heavy organizational structure, everything is being cut back, little respect for employees, ambiguous performance rating system

Advice to Management

Time to wake up and see what IBM has become! We need more workers and less managers.