IBM - Would never work there again | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"Would never work there again"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Arlington, VA

Pros

Decent compensation. But watch-out for those who become employees in an acquisition! They do not grand-father tenure from previous company in compensation calculations when they lay you off. Also, they are committed to drawing down their US staff as much as possible.

Cons

Our small customer-focused software company was acquired by IBM SWG in 2009. They laid-off 25% of us within first year. They would not allow us to go to training for other software tools. Their bureaucracy and "blue washing" is ridiculously cumbersome. They were only interested in Sales numbers and only gave lip service to customers.

Advice to Management

Mgmt is secretive and unresponsive. When their Exec. VP Robert Mofatt was indicted for insider trading, no one said anything. I asked mgmt once and they pretended it never happened. Their only interest was their careers and not their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"Overworked, undersupported and underpaid. GBS partners create a political minefield and arbitrary constraints."

Former Employee - Associate Partner - GBS in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Partner - GBS in New York, NY

Pros

have access to huge amount of resources

Cons

navigating the myriad of resources

"It is what it is"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

My colleagues are smart people and I have good benefits (like matching 401k).

Cons

No encouragement or support from management. Rapid offshoring, so always afraid of layoffs. Meetings always at crazy times because the overseas development labs call the shots.