IBM - IBM Experience | Glassdoor

"IBM Experience"

Former Contractor - Remote Technical Support in Gold Coast (Australia)
Former Contractor - Remote Technical Support in Gold Coast (Australia)

I worked at IBM as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The people you got to work with were amazing. They were always helpful and we had fun.

Cons

Management didn't care at all. Instead of doing their job one of the Managers would only organize her wedding and nothing else. Have no idea how she even got the position as she was clearly not qualified.

Advice to Management

Hire a competent management team

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "Changing and not for the customers"

Current Employee - Channels
    Current Employee - Channels

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and middle management gets it

Cons

Being ran by Bean counters

2. "Pros and cons to working there- overall a good company to work for"

Pros

Salary was good, colleagues some great some less great...to say the least. I really met some great people there!!! Best you can get. But some were not orthodox at all (watch your back carefully)...I'd better leave it here. Don't want to talk about that.

Cons

The building on Steels is huge..it takes a lot of time to go to the toilet or to have a smoke. You feel like Alice in Wonderland...meaning, you can at times feel lost and alien in that building. Not a friendly building. After IBM I worked in a much smaller company and it was a huge difference in environment, much more friendly, better team work, more flexibility and most of all, you felt you are important for the team, initiative and creativity were welcomed. At IBM I did not have this satisfaction, you only do a small part and don't get to see the big picture. Having said all these, I do not regret working at IBM at all and am grateful for that experience. But would not prefer a huge company like this (big company is still ok, but IBM is huge)...if I have the choice...Working at IBM I learned that I can be much happier in a smaller company. Some might love working in huge companies, but not me.

Advice to Management

They know their business anyway, they are on top. Still, people are great assets in any company...