IBM - IBM | Glassdoor

"IBM"

Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to work here with professionals.

Cons

Good work environment and process to follow.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"Watch out for the PBC reviews"

Current Employee - Industry Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Industry Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great technology across the board. Hardware and Software plenty of areas you can work in at all levels.

Cons

Technical staff are treated like dog food. IBM focuses on sales and those who are sellers.
    PBC is a yearly review and managers have 20% targets to give their direct reports a PBC 3. If you get a 3 then you'll be put on a performance improvement plan which lasts 3 months if you don't get off it then you get another if you fail that then you are out. No matter how well you do or your team does your manager has a PBC 3 target so great employees get managed out for no reason other than the manager had a target.

Advice to Management

Drop the mandatory PBC 3 process. It is killing the enjoyment.

2. "A Place to Grow"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Haifa (Israel)
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Haifa (Israel)

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When a company is 100+ Years Old, stability and reputation are an important part of it's DNA. At IBM, doing the right thing is a modus operandi, no tunges and no chicks.
    At research, we are trying to implement "innovation that matters" and that is a good attitude in my view. The way it's executed, while FAR from perfect, still seems to be both effective and, well, innovative.

Cons

being 100+ Years Old, you do find it's difficult to make a change. being as big as it is, it's hardly even possible to make a difference at all, except on a rather limited scale. I think sometimes people hear you, understand you, agree, and nevertheless the olden ways remain and no change is made.
    it's difficult sometimes to understand just who is doing what in such a hugh corporation!

Advice to Management

lost Lotus Notes, seriously, an an IT admin and tech support rep, the precent of inexplicable and irrationale behavior this application \ system shows simply drives most of us mad, constantly, with a vengeance. You'll gain a lot of credibility from your employees, on account of being able to actually improving their every day workflow and experience.