IBM - HR will never help a staff member. IBM will work you into the ground and then make you redundant | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"HR will never help a staff member. IBM will work you into the ground and then make you redundant"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Sydney (Australia)
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is around average but given the downturn expect IBM to use that to reduce wages for new hires.

If you are able to get into a role where you can spend time building networks and gaining new skills you can move into other areas of the business

Cons

Very cost motivated which takes away from innovation, staff development and and a caring attitude to workers and customers.

HR are quoted as telling new people managers that "it is now them and us"

IBM discriminates against white heterosexual males in obtaining parental leave.

IBM EXPECTS people to work 60+ hours per week and once they have a nervous breakdown they won't provide support or compensation, instead they work towards ways to either get the person to resign or make them redundant.

IBM wont pay for tea, coffee, milk, sugar or provide cups to staff

IBM removes benefits of employment without reference to staff and when HR are asked about it they want the staff member to prove that they ever had such a benefit.

I have seen IBM inappropriately charge clients for software licences that the client should not be fully responsible for. When the fraud was reported on two occasions I was told to forget about it.

Advice to Management

- to HR - the H stands for Human.... don't forget it
- to operational managers, you should remember that you can be held legally liable for increasing stress and overwork....suggest you make yourselves familiar with the WHS Act 2011
- to execs stop delivering the good news and then getting your managers to hit the staff with bad news the next day.
- to all execs and managers. Look after your clients first and your staff equally as important. When you make a client happy you get increased revenue and loyalty.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "Global and work friendly"

Current Contractor - SAP Consultant in Kolkata (India)
    Current Contractor - SAP Consultant in Kolkata (India)

I have been working at IBM as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Get chance to various environment.Work with many challenges.Get chance to show skill.

Cons

As a contractor I didn't get chance to under go any L & K training, like in other modules of SAP.

Advice to Management

I am with IBM for 21 months as a contractor and I want to be with IBM as a regular, but I cann't.

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Lead Operations in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Operations in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment is good for work. Higher management is quiet helpful. Better growth opportunies.

Cons

Policies of the company should be more transparent and accessible to all the employees.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate.