IBM - Project Manager | Glassdoor

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best in industry. You can learn everything you want and get help from large group of leaders

Cons

The Managment ladder is so huge that for small work you need to give explanation which delays your creativity or ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"My view of IBM ISC in BRatislava"

Former Employee - Unit Adviser in Bratislava (Slovakia)
    Former Employee - Unit Adviser in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I worked at IBM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of job opportunities, good for starting a career. Your happiness will greatly depend on the particular position you'll end up in. However be careful, most jobs in Bratislava are just copying excel sheets from one to another. The only thing you'll learn in these positions is how to live in a super-formalized environment.

Cons

Once you learn how to do your simple daily tasks, you will become constrained by IBM formal culture. The company in BA is everything but innovative (e.g. still using office 2003 if you can get your hands on one) and it is hard to come up with initiatives. But, again, this all depends on the position you're in. I would not recommend doing a career in IBM's International Services Centre.

2. "Fantastic Company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at IBM as an intern

Pros

Amazing Company to work for. Great managers and great employees. Environment was professional yet relaxed. Manager did not micro manage anyone which was a fantastic.

Cons

Outdated windows os. Older hardware as well. Although I heard everything has been updated.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!