IBM - Work-life integration challenges | Glassdoor

"Work-life integration challenges"

I worked at IBM part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong company strategy and a real chance to succeed in the market. Lots of tools and IP available. Flexible benefits. Good company culture. Global reach.

Cons

Complex processes. Company is very good in squeezing the most out of its employees making work-life integration (I guess they gave up on the term "balance") a challenge. You need a strong sponsor to move up as the complex matrix structure provides potentially too many stakeholders to roles. Negotiate for the highest salary possible when you come in as good incremental increases and promotions will be difficult to come by. Many jobs being shipped overseas.

Advice to Management

Need more parity between outside hires who get the incumbent employees. Better career development and compensation needed.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "Not the best company"

I have been working at IBM full-time

Pros

Good for retirement, ppl without motivation

Cons

Bad for ppl who really want to build sth

2. "job and employment review"

Former Employee - Operations Support Analyst
    Former Employee - Operations Support Analyst

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

was able to survive 30 yrs. and when I went there I knew I had been blessed to work for the best company in these United States.

Cons

greedy upper management, no longer can they cling on to respect for the individual. nothing is good enough, and you can work 24 / 7 and sometimes need to to survive. pay bonues on company performance are now a joke or don't exist and you can go years without a salary increase but you will get new and more job resposibilties. they continue to raise the bar and top mgmt. gets all the money and perks.

Advice to Management

reduce stress, listen to your people, go back to rewards and awards, and stop telling a person when you hit the MID range of your salary grade you're at 100% of pay.