IBM - IBM Global Services Brief comments on working at IBM for 16 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"IBM Global Services Brief comments on working at IBM for 16 years"

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay at the start, seems women paid equally compared to men

Cons

Not the company it used to be

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "Great coworkers and a commitment to education"

Former Intern - Finance Pre-Professional in Somers, NY
    Former Intern - Finance Pre-Professional in Somers, NY

I worked at IBM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. All were very nice and pleasant, especially managers, who are also very understanding. I had my 21st birthday while I was working there and my manager said he'd be angry if I came into work the day after and that I should go out and enjoy myself. Highly recommend interning at IBM. It seemed that every single employee that I worked with had been there since the start of their careers and would never leave.

Cons

Very boring routine, day in and day out. However, it helped me discover that accounting is not my thing.

Advice to Management

Keep educating and promoting from within!

2. "A company that truly invests in its employees and the global community"

Former Employee - Strategy & Change Consultant, Public Sector in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Strategy & Change Consultant, Public Sector in Washington, DC

I worked at IBM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee benefits (healthcare and 401k), competitive salary, work/life balance, promotional ladder, opportunities outside of initial career position, executive management grown internally

Cons

Lower annual bonuses than major consulting companies like McKinsey, Accenture, BCG, etc, rely on "hour glass" resource model so college hires are sometimes isolated from other young professionals in the company if you're stuck on mid-long term client site projects.

Advice to Management

At the time that I was departing the company 5 years ago, management was beginning to invest more time, money, and resources into social events and team building exercises. Because IBM consulting relies on more experienced career professionals than college hires and junior resources compared to major consulting companies like McKinsey, Accenture, BCG, etc., there is less of a familial culture at the bottom of the company that other places.