IBM - Intern Review | Glassdoor

"Intern Review"

Former Intern - Offering Strategy and Design Intern in Littleton, MA
Former Intern - Offering Strategy and Design Intern in Littleton, MA

I worked at IBM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation for an intern was competitive. Management that I dealt with was very helpful and supportive. Lots of respect for your work by allowing space for you to complete your work.

Cons

There wasn't a whole lot of change. Week in week out, it was the same daily routine. There was no opportunity to be hired to a full time position from the one I was in.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"IBM should get of the GDF model!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing with 4-5 weeks of vacation time, 6 weeks of full paid sick leave and endless discounts from cell phone to car companies.

Cons

The amount of favoritism at Dubuque IBM is uncalled for. I see this daily as a team lead and management does not care for any employee besides themselves. All managers get a PBC rating of 1 no matter how poorly they do and get to downgrade each employee on the team to get a big bonus. I saw this the past few years and management looks the other way. It is sad to see this center has the worst turnover rate than any others.

The average salary amount is $32,000. We advertise our jobs at $45,000 to $50,000 and rarely offer that rate.

IBM used to be the place to work 10 years ago but with all the cuts in the past few years, I would advise not to work here.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and communicate with them because your loosing them daily!

2. "Software Sales"

Current Employee - Software Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with tremendous people and resources. Benefits and compensation packages are very strong. Extensive job options allow for upward mobility. Strong in the local community.

Cons

Large and slow at times. Many of the tools and databases are outdated, ironic for the world's premier information technology corporation. Workload expectations can be high.