IBM - Long term employee...recently retired | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"Long term employee...recently retired"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Program Manager in Boulder, CO

Pros

None...Used to be a great company to work for but not any longer.

Cons

Pay raises of 1% or 2% every few years drives newer employees away. Unfortunately the respect for the individual that was IBM's creed has vanished. Used to be the Flagship company to work for however now just another large multinational that most new hires stay on for 5 years and then move on.

Advice to Management

Salary plan is so skewed to the executive level that the execs have lost touch with the folks that really keep the business running..

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "IBM sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great telecommute, excellent global opportunities. High tech market. IBM recognized as a world leader and future focused company offering exciting career opportunity if you are willing to put in the time.

Cons

Not a great channel friendly company. IBM spends too much time competing against our channel. IBM recognized as a world leader and future focused company offering exciting career opportunity if you are willing to put in the time.

Advice to Management

Spend more time and energy investing in
    business partners. Spend marketing dollars on product ad ertising instead of relying on partners to build a market

2. "I built sales pipeline for a software company acquired by IBM in 2006."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

In a sales function, the name IBM certainly opens doors with prospective clients; they're more willing to listen. There is more than enough training in all aspects: function, product, industry. I enjoyed and miss working with smart and dedicated professionals. Direct management that I experienced was fair and reasonable. Lots of fun networking opportunities in major cities.

Cons

Things move relatively slow in a large organization and consequently enthusiasm can lose steam. On the other hand, a recent reorganization in sales and marketing swiftly cut thousands of positions. Once hired, if you want to stay with IBM, learn as much as possible, keep your eyes and ears open, and network like crazy to secure your next position.

Advice to Management

I appreciated the opportunity to work at IBM, and I hope I'm given another opportunity to work there again in the future.