IBM - get into company through acquisition | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"get into company through acquisition"

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. Very big company has lots of resource if you know how to reach them.
2. Various types of projects to move around within the company.
3. Very smart professional and good management team knows how to integrate the companies through acquisition to make the best out of them. In one of my previous company, they failed on this almost every company they bought in.
4. Good salary

Cons

1.Company is so big that you may get lose of what you can get out of the best.
2.The ESPP is only 5% discount for employee compared to 15% discount ESPP from most of the other company.
3.I have back pain for years and don't want to take pain killer any more. I heard acupuncture and massage help. But the company insurance make it almost impossible to use. The policy is that the Chinese acupuncture clinic has to be part of western medical clinic which is nearly impossible to fine. Many friends in Cisco went to massage 3 time a week, even their spouse!

Advice to Management

1. Regarding benefit, the company is more shareholder friendly than its own employees.

2. Examples as the 5%ESPP and insurance plan I mentioned on Cons.

3. This year is the first year that I felt the company are willing to invest on their employees through proper formal training since the CEO make it happen at the beginning of 2013. That really help the increasing my knowledge and productivities. I bet customers see the difference of the employees knowledge and qualities too. Even we miss the earning 2Q13, I hope the training keeps go the way I see this year.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "The Big Blue Giant"

Pros

Great benefits and learning opportunities. Fair, competitive pay. Willing to work with you as far as living, working, and travel go with the advantage of working from home when need be.

Cons

With around 400,000 employees, achievements often go unnoticed and at certain times isolation can be an issue.

2. "v Good, Quality Teams"

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Resources, Hiring Practices, Good Strategy

Cons

Legacy software and hardware solutions

Advice to Management

Focus on innovation and emerging trends