IBM - IBM Not the company it once was - it no longer cares for US based employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"IBM Not the company it once was - it no longer cares for US based employees."

Former Employee - Senior IT Specialist in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Senior IT Specialist in Boulder, CO

Pros

Hard to identify any that still exist since IBM management has decided to move a significant number of jobs over-seas.

Cons

After 10 years at IBM there are too many to mention. Bad management, over worked employee's, terrible pay increases (if any at all), bonus program that is rigged to keep them low. Skip IBM and move on to the next company.

Advice to Management

Stop before you destroy the company I used to love being part of.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"A satisfactory internship with good pay."

Former Employee - Pre-Professional Software Engineer in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Pre-Professional Software Engineer in Poughkeepsie, NY

Pros

There are a lot of bright people working at IBM.
    It's easy to get in contact with people to help you do what you need to do if your manager is any good.
    The pay was good for an Junior/Senior-year internship.

Cons

I didn't like the corporate culture. Though the development process is relatively well-managed, you're dealing with a slow-moving behemoth.
    Managers vary significantly in how much they micromanage. I ran into situations where I was micromanaged in a very negative way, and I've been in situations where I was not given nearly enough guidance even after asking for it.
    Although it is intern work, it feels a bit thankless and meaningless because the projects I worked on seemed marginalized or on the verge of marginalization.

Advice to Management

I was dealing with management and coworkers below what I'd expect to see working full-time at IBM, but I would suggest making it easier for interns to get into contact with people who can help them become most knowledgeable in what they're working on--IBM has a lot of resources at its disposal and it'd be great to be able to leverage them when I'm roadblocked (of course there's a fine line between leveraging successfully and wasting their time).

"Always wondering about layoffs...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Work anywhere, though was a negative too at times. Generally got the training I needed. Some good managers, but some bad ones. It varied, but I tended to have more good managers.

Cons

Concern about next layoff was always a concern, even if you had string ratings. You'll hit a salary ceiling if you don't get promoted past Band 8.

Advice to Management

Management needs to value the good, hard working employees and be better able to separate the talkers from the doers.