IBM - At IBM, have the ability and flexibility to work in various industries, roles and functions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"At IBM, have the ability and flexibility to work in various industries, roles and functions."

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best reasons to work for IBM - global company, community centric

Cons

Being a huge company is a blessing and a curse.

Advice to Management

Continue to consider employee ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"adfdfasdfttttthtisadfasdf"

Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are still lots of smart people at IBM. If you like working long hours for little or no reward, this is the place for you.

Cons

This is the worst managed company I have ever worked for. None of the smart people I mentioned in "Pros" is in upper management. Although I see quite a few favorable reviews of IBM on glassdoor, in my experience the only people who think this is a good place to work are those who have never worked anywhere else.

Advice to Management

1. Focus on creating real value for customers rather than just acquiring new revenue streams.
    2. Drop the rah-rah stuff; we are not fooled. True greatness is inversely proportional to the amount of it that comes out of your mouth.
    3. Grow up.

"IBM Hates Contractors"

Former Contractor - Engineer in Fishkill, NY
    Former Contractor - Engineer in Fishkill, NY

I worked at IBM as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

For a contractor, there are no pros to working there. The people at IBM are actually very pleasant. It is the culture that needs improvement.

Cons

IBM is not concerned with any of its contract employees. Workforce reductions and furloughs do little to improve overall morale. The culture at IBM is all about meeting IBM financials with little apparent regard to customer needs. Contract employees are told not to discuss workforce reductions with the customers they support. Why? Those customers would most likely get upset if they knew the level of support they should be getting has been reduced.

Advice to Management

Instead of implementing contractor furloughs, simply rate all contractors and dismiss those contractors that rate the lowest. Eliminating excess management positions, hiring GOOD project managers and eliminating non-performers would improve performance, morale and ultimately improve the margins IBM is so desperate to make.