IBM - Dissatisfied working in IBM India Pvt Ltd | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"Dissatisfied working in IBM India Pvt Ltd"

Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Bengaluru (India)
Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

The infrastructure is very good and there are lots of Competencies to move in IBM.

Cons

The payment is very bad.There are no incentives or any bonus.Its pay scale is way back compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

To retain employees need to increase incentives and mmake the pay scale according to the market standards.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "Mis-Management at its peak"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

Pros

Excellent exposure to a wide variety of clients and their business needs
    Great intranet sites that help you overcome most hurdles

Cons

Poor Management with no concern for good work put in
    Lack of pro-active customer oriented initiatives thus losing out on potential customers
    Bad paymasters.

Advice to Management

Like all previous posts, please relook at the number of managers per resource. The hierarchy is too complex to decipher.

"The Security Blues"

Former Employee - Security Consultant
    Former Employee - Security Consultant

Pros

IBM hires incredible talent and as a result it provides a great opportunity to learn and collectively grow your technical skills. I can say without hesitation that I am a more knowledgeable and valuable employee because of the the interaction I had with some of the IBM team. I still keep in touch with several of my peers -- both those that have left for other companies and those that still remain with IBM.

Cons

The balance of work and personal life is often lacking in order to meet objectives, make deadlines, and please clients. For some, this trade is acceptable when appropriately compensated financially and through career growth. I found both to be lacking for myself and my peers in general.

Advice to Management

Management continues to lack leadership and direction, resulting in IBM's slow growth in the Information Security market place. Even after the acquisition of Internet Security Systems (ISS), the problems from the old culture propagated into the new. Many of my colleagues, including myself, jumped ship after seeing these issues go unresolved.