IBM - Opportunity in abundance. | Glassdoor

"Opportunity in abundance."

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Sacramento, CA
Current Contractor - Project Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at IBM as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Training is available for every topic you may be interested. Opportunity to expand your skill sets in any career path that may interest you.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a little skewed from time to time, but I have discovered that by mentioning my concerns they are typically resolved or alternatives identified to regain that balance.

Advice to Management

A little more advance planning can be useful to the general rank and file, and allow for advance worker planning.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"Short Term Gain at Employee Expense"

Current Employee - Category Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Category Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large company with some great people to work with. Work from home for some while others work on site. Always looking to use home grown tech to make jobs and functions easier.

Cons

Poor compensation, no raises and this year no bonus. If you are looking at joining IBM drive hard for compensation upfront since that is all you can look forward too. On client site requirements are 4 days a week and work tends to be micro managed by management who usually have much less experience and time at IBM. Rating system highly political and secretive.

Advice to Management

You forgot who really does all of the work, managers just manage paper, while workers work.

2. "i worked at ibm full time for more 3.5 years"

I worked at IBM full-time

Pros

BM provides employment flexibility, independence and a sharing of knowledge with professional co-workers. As an sap basis package solution consultant, I was able to provide strategic influence over customer technologies. It was a great opportunity to work with different customers.

Cons

With such a big company you can get lost unless you seek opportunities. Bureaucratic much like any big companies