IBM - Opportunity to be exposed to the latest technologies and experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"Opportunity to be exposed to the latest technologies and experience"

Former Employee - Delivery Project Executive in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Delivery Project Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunity to work on the latest in technology and innovations, company culture, time off

Cons

Leadership, constant cost cutting and head count reduction, minimal promotion and compensation increases.

Advice to Management

More focus on client relationships, you have to spend money to make money

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "Great experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at IBM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Company environment, friendly people. And the project really depends on your team. For me, it's Watson, and since I like it, I think it's lot of fun

Cons

Not much work everyday. The workload is not so much compared with my coursework in the university. And cannot learn so much as you are in school

"Good Experience"

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work environment is friendly and team oriented, with really good work/life balance options. Overall, management is caring/understanding of personal needs, and there is flexibility in work schedules which includes the ability to work from home. You will find a variety of opportunities within the company for growth, travel, and/or diversification of skills. Continuous education is offered within the company to keep you abreast of the latest regulations, etc. Many great, talented people with whom to work.

Cons

Work hours can be very long with high stress at times. There is minimal pay increase (although if you are a top performer your increase will be a bit larger than others). There seems to be a lot more outsourcing of jobs to other countries these days, which is leading to less opportunity within the US.