IBM - Great potential, but challenging reality... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

"Great potential, but challenging reality..."

I have been working at IBM full-time

Pros

Solid brand; depth of products/services; smart and talented people

Cons

one-size-fits-all bureaucracy and red tape that's inefficient and verging on the soul-crushing; insufficient focus on the customer

Advice to Management

Yes, a focus on shareholders and the market are paramount for a publicly held company. But I can't help but feel like we're losing focus on customers and employees, and they're ultimately what will drive shareholder value....

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

"Long time employee"

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IBM has allowed me to work on many different technologies during my time there because IBM has products or services in every aspect of the computer industry.

Cons

Benefits and salary have been reduced as the corporation fights to maintain it's strength and stability during the economic recession of the last eight years.

2. "mainframe services at IBM"

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I don't see any pros to working for this organization within IBM. I have worked at different divisions of IBM and had a wonderful experience.

Cons

The company aims to send all of these jobs outside of the country. As a consequence, they do not take care of their employees. There is no training support or funding. To make matters worse, due to constant layoffs, the employee morale is very low making it a very unpleasant work environment. To top it off, when you are hired you are promised training and tuition reimbursement which never happens. Pay is at least 20K below market value. You are not allowed to move outside of the organization despite of open positions.

Advice to Management

Stop making promises you cannot keep and take ownership of your own lack of leadership.