IBM - IBM India | Glassdoor

"IBM India"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pune (India)

Pros

Very very flexible work env.
Matured process
Brand name
Great people
Trainings and opportunities to innovate.
Ideal place to work if you are not looking for high salary in the industry.

Cons

People who work for products/customers are ignored for promotion, compared to people who file patents.

Advice to Management

People who work for IBM products/customer are the pillar of IBM. Patents can come only the fly when you work for IBM product/solution. Please don't ignore hardworking talents.

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

1. "IBM is "OK""

Current Employee - Business Architect
    Current Employee - Business Architect

Pros

Work/Life balance is pretty good. I work in software, and the group I am in is relatively flexible and decent to work with. I work out of my house, but do travel a bit. They just moved me to a new position, not really a promotion, but politically (I sense), a better place to be, more visible, but also possibilities (hopefully) for growth. People are nice, my team is very good to work with. I also work closely with Sales, and most of those people are pretty nice.

Cons

Worst health/dental plan I have EVER had as a full time employee (and I have been in the workforce for over 30 years). Things can get quite political. GBS (Professional Services) and IBM core are run as different companies and they behave like different companies even though they are all IBM. Too much administration. Cost cutting (as with other companies) has really screwed the employee - no business class airfares anywhere in the world (try flying coach to Sydney, Australia - 22 hours). They also stopped reimbursing mobile employees for internet access even though working from home saves them the cost of providing an office space.

Advice to Management

Better medical/dental benefits. Business class airfares for extremely long flights (Asia, Mideast, Australia), paid internet for mobile employees. You guys at the top are rich enough - give something back to the employees who put you there...

2. "IBM Review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

Associating with this brand name is just great. It will open many opportunities outside and if you work harder even inside.

Cons

It's way too large - over 400k employees. Which means its hard to get promoted and recognized by the top management

Advice to Management

Try and balance work and personal life. Try to give too much work. I am currently working even on the weekends