ICF - Going down hill fast! | Glassdoor

"Going down hill fast!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Current pros for the company itself are non-existent. I really like the peer group and lower level management with which I work. There are a lot of bright, talented, and motivated people here. The sad part is that senior management does not seem to value the employee at all anymore and is largely pushing the best talent out the door.

Cons

Great corporate 'policies' on work/life balance, company opportunities, upward mobility, etc. are now only rhetoric. I agree with much of what others here are saying. You are a number and not a human being to senior management. There is little communication or interaction between senior and middle management and zero communication between senior management and employees. Hours are long, pay is mediocre, and benefits are being cut at an alarming rate. This year I am having my sick time cut from 10 days to 1 day with up in salary or vacation/holidays to compensate while senior management and pay/bonuses go up by leaps and bounds. Internal systems and departments (e.g., IT, HR, and accounts) are horrible - these areas are constantly turning over due to immense job dissatisfaction. You can never get a hold of anyone with enough experience to help you.

Advice to Management

No advice for ICF management as they wouldn't listen anyways. The only advice I have is for ICF shareholders (Get out now!) and ICF competitors (Prepare to scoop up some prime talent).

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

1. "Great company to work for"

Pros

The people are very nice and you're treated fairly.

Cons

If you're title is associate then your review cycle is in October, everyone else is in June. They don't seem to have their eggs in order in the HR department.

2. "Nice place to work, good advancement opportunities"

Former Employee - Research Assistant
    Former Employee - Research Assistant

I worked at ICF full-time

Pros

It has been years since I've worked at ICF but the environment was low-key yet professional. Upper management was generally very reasonable with workload (ie, didn't expect you to consistently work 10+ hour days or work for unpaid overtime), there was a wide variety of responsibilities given, and the pay and benefits were decent.

Cons

Occasional unpredictability with workload from week to week (ie, very light some weeks, very heavy next) but that's more an issue with Federal contracting in general rather than ICF specifically.