ICF - Good broad range of project experience, somewhat difficult to move up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICF

"Good broad range of project experience, somewhat difficult to move up"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Sherman Oaks, CA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to work on a broad range of projects, (mostly) smart people. Pays reasonably well. Good opportunities to pursue the type of work you enjoy.

Cons

Difficult to move up, the need to sell yourself within the company in order to maintain utilization, lack of mentoring/management

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

"Blatant disrespect, obvious favortism, NO BENEFITS!!"

Current Employee - Call Center Employee in Martinsville, VA
    Current Employee - Call Center Employee in Martinsville, VA

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is 'competitive' for my location, my coworkers (supervisor and below) make me feel appreciated

Cons

Where could I even begin?? If you are looking at the Martinsville call center, do NOT get your hopes up over the advertised benefits, paid time off, and holiday pay on the website: surprise!! None of that applies at the call center! I cannot afford the ridiculously priced lower level health insurance, PTO accumulation NEVER increases (tenure is a nonfactor and is not rewarded whatsoever), and there is no holiday pay but you must work all holidays except thanksgiving and Christmas! Never in my life have I worked somewhere that did not provide holiday pay. Furthermore the entire company is geared towards benefiting upper management. Dont you dare do something that may negatively impact a member of upper management's many bonuses because while you are struggling to make ends meet, managers are on extravagant vacations and driving luxury vehicles. There is NO promotion from within and there is no concern for motivating employees, only implementation of scare tactics to threaten them into performing better. Program management seems to be completely oblivious to how low we are on the pay scale and seem to assume we have more power and say so than any of us (Martinsville, supervisors and below) really do because of the tremendous amount of responsibility we carry.We are forced to put on a face and often to bold face lie to our clients. Upper management has no genuine experience with the callcenter environment and it is made obvious by their poor condescending communication with us and the fact that they know NOTHING about the day to day happenings. This place will not last long and I intend on jumping ship as soon as possible. Good luck to all other current employees in finding another job quick!!

Advice to Management

Stop being so childish and uncondionally selfish. We all see your fits and you make or obvious we are your unvalued minions. Stop running the place like a military base or worse, a slavery plantation!

2. "Interesting potential, but difficult to create internal opportunity."

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a large company, with many different areas of activity, highly qualified expertise and a decent reputation. They are active in sustainability, environmental issues, and energy, all of which are important job growth areas.

Cons

The company has grown very quickly, has no soul, and is primarily concerned about the bottom line, even at the expense of its core asset - its employees - particularly as a consulting firm.

Advice to Management

Tune your attention to creating value within the firm, as well as for clients. Too many mid-level and senior staff are leaving the company because they don't feel valued,