ICF - Terrible Work-Life Balance, Nice People | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICF

"Terrible Work-Life Balance, Nice People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. There are a lot of smart, hard-working people at ICF, and some go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. It seems like the upper management really care about the employees, and they are very accessible.

Cons

There's no work-life balance. The motto has become "get it done" rather than "do it well." Despite getting stellar yearly reviews, I have not gotten a promotion in years.

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

"Worst "Professional" Workplace Experience So Far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is descent/average. Building is great. Coworkers are nice.

Cons

Middle to upper management is horrible and seems to be so out of touch. I don't think they care a bit about their employees. Junior staff are treated like they are a dime a dozen. Benefits keep being reduced. Long standing contracts are disappearing but that isn't a surprise since the focus is on money and not so much quality of work. Unethical acts from some senior managers seems to be tolerated. Some departments are much much much worse than others so good luck. May you land in the right one.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and treat people with respect. It is not just about what is on the website, on paper or comes out of your mouth. It is about if or if not you live up to what you advertise to employees.

"Interesting work; some opportunity for advancement; can feel stuck in your position"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professionally supportive and accessible upper management. I feel comfortable sharing ideas and asking questions of vice presidents and feel that they value my contributions. Flexible work hours and ability to work from home (varies by supervisor and project manager--not everyone can enjoy this benefit). If you take initiative to do internal networking, people are ready to work with you, listen to your ideas, and help you. Almost everyone I have met here is quite smart, hard working, and good on a team.

Cons

Switch from sick and vacation to PTO. Lack of work/life balance. Feeling valued is important to me personally, but it has not translated into raise or promotion, which would be at least as meaningful. Your experience with the company can vary wildly depending on which office you sit in, who your supervisor is, and who your line of business lead is. This includes things like whether you can work from home, how and how long it takes to get promoted, whether you are expected to check email at night and on weekends, whether you are allowed to leave a project you don't like for one you prefer, etc. Promotion feels as though it is partly based on merit but at least equally based on who you know and whether you have a good supervisor who looks out for you. I feel I've been doing management level work for at least a year without having the salary or job title that I deserve.

Advice to Management

Have some guidelines on what non-management staff can expect in terms of how long it takes to be promoted in addition to what the skills are. Get management on board about what ICF practices are and have them applied across the board.