ICF - Highly motivated, intelligent staff producing high quality work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICF

"Highly motivated, intelligent staff producing high quality work."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very high standard of excellence. Intelligent staff and impressive work ethic push you to produce high quality work on a short deadline. The steep learning curve expands your skill set quickly. Flexibility to work wherever you are whenever you can.

Cons

Intense perfectionism can become overwhelming and discouraging. High utilization rates make a 40 hour work week insufficient. Hard to foster a consistent work life balance.

Advice to Management

The more staff are squeezed to benefit the bottom-line the higher the turnover rate will be. Find ways to make indirect billing staff more efficient. High turnover rates are an indication that staff talents are not being properly used, or they are getting burnt out.

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

"ICF is not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart hard working people work there

Cons

Work-life balance depends on your supervisor. I had No work-life balance and I needed it being a single parent of a small child,my supervisor would not allow me to work different hours or work from home, while other colleagues who had been there less time than me but were aloud to work whatever hours they wanted, work from home while on vacation

Advice to Management

Have consistency across supervisors and set rules for everyone to follow for work-life balance. Train supervisors better.

2. "Top-flight co-workers"

I worked at ICF full-time

Pros

Qualifications and integrity of the vast majority of the staff is first-rate. Really bright, motivated people. Overall solidly managed company.

Cons

Some movement toward shorter time frame strategic thinking and investments. But of course common for companies that have gone to a publicly-traded structure.