ICF - TOXIC Environment(al) Company | Glassdoor

"TOXIC Environment(al) Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ICF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can see is the compensation/benefits are reasonable/favorable, but trading a little bit of extra pay for "quality of life" is worth its weight in gold!

Cons

There is an unspoken hypocrisy within ICF that has continued to fester. Employees are continually pushed too hard to perform (often working incredibly long hours and receiving no support/resources) while the "elite" managers are taking advantage of these workhorses and breaking rules left and right. When senior management sees their team(s) struggling to maintain a high level of quality work products/deliverables (working long hours/weekends) and offering absolutely NO help whatsoever (including leaving the office "early" when others are drowning) there is something seriously wrong. With no accountability for those whom you supervise, and no real commitment towards the company as a whole, I wouldn't be surprised if even more people left in the near future. Sad to see a company that had so much potential flounder because of bad people/culture. I would never recommend anyone to work at ICF. p.s. Almost every single ICF office building is located in a city center (which would not be an issue so much if it wasn't for the fact that employees are REQUIRED to pay for their daily parking in every city - no reimbursement at all).

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the individuals you have put in charge... they are incompetent and conniving.

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

"Highly motivated, intelligent staff producing high quality work."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very high standard of excellence. Intelligent staff and impressive work ethic push you to produce high quality work on a short deadline. The steep learning curve expands your skill set quickly. Flexibility to work wherever you are whenever you can.

Cons

Intense perfectionism can become overwhelming and discouraging. High utilization rates make a 40 hour work week insufficient. Hard to foster a consistent work life balance.

Advice to Management

The more staff are squeezed to benefit the bottom-line the higher the turnover rate will be. Find ways to make indirect billing staff more efficient. High turnover rates are an indication that staff talents are not being properly used, or they are getting burnt out.

"ICF is not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart hard working people work there

Cons

Work-life balance depends on your supervisor. I had No work-life balance and I needed it being a single parent of a small child,my supervisor would not allow me to work different hours or work from home, while other colleagues who had been there less time than me but were aloud to work whatever hours they wanted, work from home while on vacation

Advice to Management

Have consistency across supervisors and set rules for everyone to follow for work-life balance. Train supervisors better.