ICF - Good Place to work, Good family-work life balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICF

"Good Place to work, Good family-work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to work. Can a learn a lot quickly if interested, since it is a diversified consulting company. Recent changes in management are positive and a step in the right direction.

Cons

Future growth is unclear. Very high fixed cost base which makes it somewhat uncompetitive against more "nimble" consulting companies. Still can do a better job of making it easy to switch between divisions.

Advice to Management

Reduce fixed costs. Promote different models of cost-competitive consulting.

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

1. "Excellent company, setting, people, opportunity."

Former Contractor - Mapping Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Former Contractor - Mapping Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ICF as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, people. There are many opportunities for continuing education, mobility in the company. Since it is such a large company there is a lot of stability. Many sectors of consulting work results in diversity which makes for a great workplace. I would highly recommend this company to a friend or colleague.

Cons

I had to commute to downtown Sacramento- not really a con all things considered....I suppose that if I really had to choose the decorating was sparse in the office. Since this is the downside I would say that this is a great company. I only wrote this because I had to fill the space. No cons, seriously.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I was very happy with working there.

2. "Leader in EPA and Environment Consulting; large growth potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF full-time

Pros

Great for grads interested in environment, energy, and professional consulting related to those fields. In all other fields, ICF is still establishing its presence and this means less depth and less high profile work. Overall, each Division has its own work style, but company wide they want results. Yes- some will be expecting perfection, so be prepared to deliver, and have enough experience to avoid office politics.

Cons

Growth by adding new companies is making it hard to have a unified direction. Management is too top heavy which often causes them to stick around for too long; typically they don't retire.Also salaries are way below industry averages for associates and doesn't provide overtime pay.

Advice to Management

Cultivate leadership in associates not just Vice Presidents. Increase salary to match industry, provide a clear direction in each division.