ICF - Doing good work, company has great resources, provides good training opportunities and incentives | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICF

"Doing good work, company has great resources, provides good training opportunities and incentives"

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work at a remote location on site with a client as a consultant and I do not have the full day to day experience in ICF HQ but there is a strong company culture that can easily be tapped into online and at remote office locations, a nearby office held an Earth Day park cleanup and I was able to participate in that. They reimburse for education. Overall the experience has been good.

Cons

The rating system for personnel review used to be more fair, now you have to go way above and beyond to get a good score which equals a raise but I have been satisfied with my cost of living increases over the years. I would prefer to still get a good score but not receive a raise if that is the tradeoff. The current way I get neither.

Advice to Management

We could be more proactive with our client

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

"Potential growth, but too many variables with middle and upper management"

Current Employee - Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ICF is a company that's been on the up for the past several years, but more importantly this growth has been continuous and consistent over that period of time, which to me is a good indication.

Cons

Unfortunately, much of this said growth may depend on the individual working group and line of business (LOB). Some groups and LOBs have shown growth that is reflective of the company as a whole, but if you're in a part of a group/LOB that doesn't pull as much weight, it can be frustrating to watch.

Having been part of numerous projects so far, I have yet to be part of a ICF-led project.; they have all been as a subcontractor, meaning the prime dictates nearly every aspect. I have yet to experience first hand what ICF's "culture and values" really are.

Advice to Management

If the current business strategy yields little to no growth, then maybe some changes in approach is worth considering, rather than repeating the same strategy over and over again.

"Laid-back but low-pay and no-culture"

Current Employee - Consultant/Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant/Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are easy to work with, good work-life balance, lots of different areas to gain experience in, telecommuting

Cons

Zero office culture, no career advancement opportunities (esp. for junior staff), major emphasis on "billable hours," very little in the way of training/career development, pay is relatively low....basically, senior management doesn't care about their workers enough to motivate them to do good work.

Advice to Management

Train your junior staff and make an effort to keep them there! (And at very least, by the time you don't want them anymore they'll have the skills to get hired elsewhere...)