ICF - Technical Specialist supporting Gov't Client... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICF

"Technical Specialist supporting Gov't Client..."

Current Contractor - Acquisition Specialist in Washington, DC
Current Contractor - Acquisition Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very good work-life balance is good..room for growth is available. Senior management has an open door policy which makes me comfortable in voicing my concerns and/or issues.

Cons

If you're permanetly supporting a client on site, it makes it difficult to build outside relationships with other co-workers at corporate. Need more time to interact and build relationships in order to explore other internal opportunities.

Advice to Management

Professional growth needs to be alloted for every employee regardless of whether you work at the client site or other ICF offices..

Other Employee Reviews for ICF

"Typical large corporate government contracting firm"

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Rockville, MD

I worked at ICF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay and benefits, flexibility and ability to maintain a good personal life, many offices throughout the world, fun holiday parties

Cons

Some impersonal, hands-off managers that make getting work done difficult, and it is difficult to advance despite the size of the company. In my office at least, the overwhelming majority of those in executive positions were men.

Advice to Management

Allow workers more flexibility and lighten up on the 'corporate rebranding' and forced adaptation of the corporate culture.

"Great team of contractors, management only looks out for the bottom line."

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ICF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked on a team project for the two and a half years I was there. Everyone assigned to the project was professional and we worked well together. It was a great experience.

Cons

During the last six months of the contract, we were told to "hang in there" until the end of the project because other work was available for us upon completion of the contract. A few of us did remain, others found employment elsewhere. I received my layoff notice one week before the contract end date. If other work is not available, don't lie and say it is. Yes, it's a for-profit business but that's no reason for deceit.

Advice to Management

Don't lie. You had a great group of employees who worked hard and impressed the clients. If there isn't other work available, do not say there is. We have personal responsibilities and families to support.