ICON - Ok place to work if you don't expect to learn or maintain up to date skills. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICON

"Ok place to work if you don't expect to learn or maintain up to date skills."

I have been working at ICON full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Basic health insurance is very good and monthly employee premium is very reasonable. Good number of vacation days to start. Great people

Cons

Inexperienced managers though they are trying to get better. Not much of a career path or professional development opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for ICON

1. "Clinical Data Lead"

Pros

The company and people are great

Cons

Just didn't get enough time there

Advice to Management

Hire

"If your a monitor RUN and run fast to another company"

Current Employee - Senior CRA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA

I have been working at ICON full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay you a very high salary.

Cons

Very disorganized. The marjority of the management is very new and their training is terrible. My manager has not been able to answer a single question (including helping me with my timesheet) unless consulting her manager first.
    The trials are a mess. Icon seems to put profitability first (instead of quality). Almost all of the CRAs I have interacted with are planning on quiting at their one year anniversary (so they don't have to pay the bonus back). The new CRA bonus program is a sham, they will not pay it even if things are out of your control (your report is signed off one day late because of the CTM).
    The training is awful so if you are new to the industry or the job then you are going to learn the hard way.

Advice to Management

Better communication on the company goals (not one person has been able to tell me the company philosophy).
    Better job training for CRAs, CRA Managers, and CTMs (this should include more time on Icon systems).
    Update the travel policy (it is the worst in the industry)
    Stop having us mail in paper receipts for reimbursements. Decrease the time it takes to be reimbursed (a month is way to long).
    Work-Life Balance is important-adding in some work-life benifits will help moral.
    You should know that almost everyone I speak with says they are unhappy and are currently looking for a new job.