ICS (Integrated Computer Solutions) - Good Product, Good People | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICS (Integrated Computer Solutions)

"Good Product, Good People"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA

Pros

- We are working on an interesting open source project management product that is used by large companies.
- Using the newest technologies and building business app with trendy features such as wiki, blog, activity wall, and other social and collaboration business features.
- Overall good people in development and leadership

Cons

- Leadership team does not always agree on product direction.
- All leadership is in USA and all development is off shore in India, East Europe, Central America.

Advice to Management

Work harder to get on same page. Say no to some customer requests for custom features, provide more feature specs and stories before sprints.

Other Employee Reviews for ICS (Integrated Computer Solutions)

1. "Information Security Administrator"

Current Employee - Information Security Administrator in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Information Security Administrator in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at ICS (Integrated Computer Solutions) (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work with

Cons

No cons to share about in this company

"Very Mediocre Company"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bedford, MA

I worked at ICS (Integrated Computer Solutions) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are easy going

Cons

Don't get fooled by what the website shows...

The office space is a mess... I've seen mice droppings on desks and they seem not to care. That company is run by 3-4 people. They won't listen to anyone outside that small group, so don't waste your time and energy trying to make a difference with them.

The CEO shows very little leadership... no vision, no direction, no inspiration. Stay away from the CFO's way, otherwise you will be in for a hard time. She will occasionally sneak in to make sure everyone is working, if you talk too much with your colleagues you might get an email from her because you aren't billing.

Compensation is much lower than what other companies offer.

ICS is essentially a contractor company... if you are billing, they love and listen to you. If you aren't you are treated as another expense (you don't get to decide what project you will be working on, they do).

If you quit, don't bother giving 2-week notice. They will not grant it and will let you go almost immediately after you give notice.

The bonus structure is an entire joke... it is awarded monthly... but only if you are billable 85% of the time... but guess what, that rarely happens unless you are in a long contract. If you aren't, forget it. In my case, I remember times where I was getting close to hit the 85% billable cut, and then I get pulled to "support sales" for a few days... and then... I get no bonus because I wasn't billable 85% of my time. Then you ask, "but I was helping sales as you said"... only to hear "yep, but that's not billable work"

Don't get fooled by the beautiful picture they give you with the bonus plan...it's a joke... you are better off asking for more money and drop the bonus.

Advice to Management

Get it together people... Stop playing favorites and show more care for what employees do, after all, they are the ones making the money for you!
    Show more appreciation and respect for what people have done. If someone decides to move on in their careers, do not send them through the back door, that's an awful thing to do.