ICT Group - Meaningful work if only there were a working computer to use to complete it! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICT Group

"Meaningful work if only there were a working computer to use to complete it!"

Current Employee - Operations. in Langhorne, PA
Current Employee - Operations. in Langhorne, PA

Pros

The best reason to work at ICT Group is that many of the program contracts held by ICT Group are those in the medical marketing field in the form of customer support operations outsourced by other corporations. The work can be truly fullfilling when assisting representatives and customers with their needs.

Cons

The company does not offer vacation or sick time benefits to their employees that match any of todays standards. The company has to their credit offered better medical benefits to their employees on SOME programs, but generally their health insurance offered leaves much to be desired as well. For a Fortune 500 company, the vacation accrual offered is horrible. Another downside to working within the company is that the computer network is not serviced in a reliable manner and the equipment provided to the work staff is often in terrible shape or extremely out of date. Yes, we see the quarterly profit reports and often wonder when some of that revenue will actually reach the employees that support the programs that the company is based on.

Advice to Management

Better computer systems with more access to the programs needed to perform daily functions means better productivity, as does actually having sick time so employees are not forced to come in when sick, thereby making everyone else sick. If you want to increase morale, increase the vacation time and give sick time. There will always be abusers of these policies within any company. Those are employees that need to be terminated.

Other Employee Reviews for ICT Group

"Headed in the right direction, not sure which way that is."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Erie, PA

Pros

In our department (Market Research), we don't have to betray our morals or even be conniving, as employees in marketing call centers are often encouraged to do. The atmosphere is more relaxed than other call center environments, and the work is not particularly hard, though it does require a certain temperament. The local management is pleasant to work with, and understanding of personal issues when necessary. In the long term, there are MANY opportunities to move upwards within the company; short term, there are hours available for any employee who chooses to do so; some employees work 60+ hours a week by choice.

Cons

I sometimes get the feeling our center is something of a "red-headed stepchild." Our requests for supplies and equipment often fall on deaf ears, as do our communiques with our HR department; this often means that entry-level employees are able to get away with a great deal more misbehavior than they should be able to, while our local management is largely powerless to chastise them. Since ICT Group policy states that any suspension must be paid, we are unable to even send employees home for non-production. Plus, since the System Administrator for our center left for greener pastures, we are unable to replace production-floor PCs that break (and we're talking about 8-year old PCs that tend to die frequently).

Advice to Management

Spend money to make money; give us the proper tools to do our jobs, not the cobbled-together el-cheapo solutions we have to put together for ourselves. After all, we can hardly produce without the proper support from IT and HR.

2. "Management"

I worked at ICT Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company experienced lots of growth while I was there. It was a tough business but saw the company expand beyond its start in telemarketing into customer service, technology, BPO ... so there were lots of opportunities within the company. Over time, a good mix of people who were there in the early days and smart people who joined the company.

Cons

Low margin business which is always tough. As a public company, couldn't always follow the long term strategy we wanted to; needed to meet quarterly goals that market demanded.

Advice to Management

Don't always assume people who were there in the beginning know how to help the company grow. No one is irreplaceable. Listen to the people you brought on as well, they often understand how other businesses are successful.