ICU Medical - Great place to work for a self starter | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ICU Medical

"Great place to work for a self starter"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in San Clemente, CA
Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the freedom to do your job and get results without being micromanaged. You are judged by the results you achieve, not by how some mid level supervisor thinks you've done. Great environment for someone who knows what they want and knows how to do a good job without constant supervision. Very little politics. Work hard play hard kind of environment.

Cons

Could use more formal training for some aspects of the job and the clinical education for reps could be beefed up, but the tools are there if you need them. Lots of long tenured employees, so upward mobility may be tougher than at some churn and burn companies out there.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and keep the good parts in tact.

Other Employee Reviews for ICU Medical

1. "I have learned some very useful information"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I'm very happy with my work environment. My supervisors have been very accommodating with my work schedule by allowing me to finish my degree.

Cons

There has been a small amount confusion regarding the restructuring of my department over the last year. It was stressful for a short time but it much better now.

"Completely Oblivious and Incompetent Senior Management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The only pro to working here is the slightly above average pay but it quickly is overcome by all the cons that you have to deal with from day to day.

Cons

Pretty much all of senior management has absolutely no clue of what is actually going on in the company. When they make decisions it has a negitive impact on the business 95% of the time. I have never witnessed the level of incompetence at any company I have ever worked for in my life that I have experienced while at ICU Medical. It is as if they are trying to do everything in their power to drive the company into the ground.

The unfortunate part is that they do actually have a few very talented employees working there but I can't imagine that they will stick around very long term with the way the company is being run.

Talent is never recognised. The company is plagued with internal politics. I have seen many people relocate to take a position here to regret it later. If you are looking at possibly working here or are offered a job from here, the best advice I could give you is drop it and never look back, this place is a disaster and the way it is going it will never improve.

Advice to Management

Fire all senior management ans start from scratch, it is the only way it can possibly improve.