IDT - Great overall experience | Glassdoor

"Great overall experience"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

collaborative and friendly environment. Good work life balance. Hard work is appreciated by business. Superior benefits. Everyone counts.

Cons

Somewhat of a disconnect between management and employees. Some depts can use better career growth and newer technologies.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between all levels. Be more transparent about projects. If pulling the plug due to lack of interest. Keep atmosphere upbeat. Don't overhire and then have constant threat of layoffs; robbing employees peace of mind. Invest more in keeping cutting edge in product development. You were the innovators of VOIP, continue being the leaders.

IDT2017-10-18

IDT Response

October 24, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We appreciate your honest feedback and are taking steps to increase the visibility of projects that we work on internally. That is often challenging with an organization our size and we acknowledge that we can always do better with communicating out to the various areas of our businesses. ...

1. "Great team! Relaxed work ambience!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Newark, NJ

I have been working at IDT full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very good company to work for, there is a lot of potential to grow. Within the years I've been in IDT I've been able to grow and move within my team. It a very relaxed place to work for, the dress code is casual and I loved that. There is a lot of support from upper management and the human resources department works to make the employees experience a pleasant one.

Cons

The 401K would be better if they would match dollar for dollar. Also I hear complaints about the benefit package although, I personally have never had an issue with our medical insurance carrier.

IDT2019-06-05
  2. "Not Too Bad"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great perks. Convenient parking, pool in building, deli and convenience store in building.

Cons

Can be stressful work environment.

IDT2019-06-19

Discover more reviews about IDT.