IEEE - non profit, no growth company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IEEE

"non profit, no growth company"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Piscataway, NJ
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at IEEE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are not career oriented and just need a job that pays you, Ieee is the company for you.

Cons

lot of deadwood, no growth prospects, dirty office politics.Other department might be okay however IT dept really need a lot of cleanup. They have a part time CIO (acts like a par time one) who has introduced new senior management positions and made the dept top heavy. there is hardly any motivation or encouragement in the organization. There was a consulting company who had recommended changes/cleanup but HR dept doe not have the guts to take bold steps but just wants to maintain the statusquo. Since its non profit, they dont have to really perform well.

Advice to Management

They need to streamline the management, its top heavy.

Other Employee Reviews for IEEE

"Non-profit turning into a For-profit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at IEEE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits package.
    Work with high-level volunteers in the industry.

Cons

New management is becoming more sales focused.
    Work-life balance declining.

Advice to Management

Focus on your slogan, "Advancing Technology for Humanity," instead of the bottom line. IEEE members have expressed dissatisfaction of rising fees with no benefits.

"Experience at IEEE"

Former Employee - Corporate Communication in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Corporate Communication in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at IEEE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good and there are a lot of good people working there as well. You just have to be smart though, everything there is about who is who. Who works for who, what position you are in etc. Also, while I was there, if you knew someone, or were related to anyone you were automatically able to get hired. I felt like everyone there was related.

Cons

Politics, HR, too much reorganization. HR is extremely corrupt. Now there are those who get into a good department and everyone is fair, or they become buddy buddy with the right person. There was me who ended up in the wrong department and it was so political there, all about kissing butt, which I will never do. People were constantly fired and they were constantly doing reorgs. Hence why they are always hiring. IEEE also has a reputation for unlawfully firing people. Just not a place I would recommend. Also as a younger employee, I felt the elders, especially women, were rude to me.