IGT - A long bumpy ride of change and re-orgs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IGT
There are newer employer reviews for IGT

See Most Recent

Helpful (1)

"A long bumpy ride of change and re-orgs"

Star Star Star Star Star
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Approves of CEO

Pros

Great games that are more engaging to players than games in other genres. Best in the industry.
Big upside when games do well and partners do well.
Gambling is everywhere. It will make its way to the US eventually (legally). Once that happens, working in the SF office will be crazy fun.
The work we do is equivalent to the work being done in a startup. If this is what excites you, this is the place to be. Additionally, the salaries are not bad. Plus, when you get promoted to a specific level, certain bonuses kick in--decent bonuses.

Cons

Too many re-orgs. Change is fine. Embracing change is fine. Re-orgs every 3 months or less? Probably the biggest joke amongst the teams. This makes it difficult for the teams to not only "FOCUS" on execution but also get behind their leaders. Each new initiative is thought of as a joke because clearly the direction will change--again--in a few months.

The other downside is that there are a ton of self-entitled, over-paid employees who think the company's sole job is to make them happy. This is also a joke, because the company's job is to make money! I'm a shareholder. I want the company to make money. It makes it difficult to work there, especially for new employees, because there are too many jaded, unhappy, grumpy, complaining employees.

People need to take a step back and re-evaluate their situation and just get real. If they don't want to be at the company, they should just leave.

Advice to Management

Each division should have a "labs" unit that researches new products, prototypes these products and is given the opportunity to pitch this to management. If the idea is good and makes sense, then listen to your employees. Don't hire a consultant to come in to give basically the same pitch that the employees made previously. It shows a lack of trust in your team and will cause a small exodus of your most valued talent pool.

Other Employee Reviews for IGT

  1. Helpful (1)

    "Fair"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    Nice co-workers,relatively stable job. Good balance between work and personal life.

    Cons

    Compensation not at part with market rate.


  2. Helpful (1)

    "Overall good experience, would recommend as a place to work"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Recommends
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    Great people and good work life balance. Overall good culture and enjoyable place to work. I would recommend as a place to work

    Cons

    Unfortunately too much dead weight dragging this place down. Classic case of the 80/20 rule, 20% of the people do the work for the rest of the 80% and this is okay as long as the work gets down.


There are newer employer reviews for IGT
There are newer employer reviews for IGT

See Most Recent

Work at IGT? Share Your Experiences

IGT
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or