IGT - Not a well-run company | Glassdoor

"Not a well-run company"

Current Employee - IGT Support Center Coordinator III in Reno, NV
Current Employee - IGT Support Center Coordinator III in Reno, NV

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free drinking water and coffee. I like the gym located within the facilities. The parking lot is very big. Easy badge access into the facility. People from other departments leave candy on their desks, so I walk around during my breaks and get unlimited free candy!

Cons

Management often uses big words at meetings, but everything sounds forced and uninspired. The truth is I think they don't like working here either and it shows in their everyday attitude. If you do have a question or concern, they will say something like "I'll get back to you on that," then later they return with what feels like a canned answer they looked up online or in a management book. They seem to prefer communicating via email and not face-to-face, even though their cubicles are located a few feet away.

Management always takes the side of a Supervisor over an employee if any kind of dispute arises and therefore it is best if you take your issue to HR. However, HR will ask why you didn't take the issue to your manager before talking to HR. It's a very frustrating process.

When applying out to other departments, you are treated like an outsider at the interview. IGT does not seem to like promoting from within. And when your Supervisor finds out you applied to another department, they will ask you why you don't like your current job. If someone is actually promoted within the department, Management will flat out -lie- and say there's a rule that states that the promoted person isn't allowed to apply for a job in another department for at least a year.

When employees from other departments walk by the room I work in, they sometimes stop and stare at you through the window. Do you like being stared at while you are trying to work?

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and try to have a more positive outlook.

Other Employee Reviews for IGT

"Very bad middle management"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady Paycheck,
    Ok Medical Benefits,
    Pretty Building,

Cons

Absolutely Terrible Morale across the company as a whole,
    Middle management very unqualified (company would seem to hire people who have lied on their resume or have literally no training in how to motivate employees or any business intelligence.),
    Almost no promotion from within,

Advice to Management

Bottom line growth is only sustainable for so long. Senior management needs to find a new way to grow the company from a revenue stand point, and they need to take a serious look at who they are hiring for their middle management positions.

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Material Handler II in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Material Handler II in Reno, NV

I worked at IGT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Profit sharing, company functions, Nice family feeling for such a large company.

Cons

With the downfall in the economy some of the extra perks have been cut back. I see them coming back later.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!