IGT - leading by intimidatting employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IGT

"leading by intimidatting employees"

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are supportive, they are just trying to get by like you are.

Cons

Very negative work environment. Supervisor berates employees and is known to shake her finger at you like you would a naughty child. Employees are constantly told how they screwed up yet not provided with the tools needed to do their jobs properly. All work is very manual as the company will not dedicate the resources to fix known problems. Don't expect to be praised when you do a good job with the meager resources available to you. It will get brushed under the carpet or someone else will get credit. Absolutely no career growth as IGT rarely promotes from within. If you are considering working here negotiate a really good salary because you will not move much beyond that.

Advice to Management

Can you please get rid of the bad middle management that is in place. Training will not help these people.....it is way beyond that.

Other Employee Reviews for IGT

1. "Incredible environment for career progression and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The exec team make a concerted effort to ensure that employees are recognised for their accomplishments and foster a culture of innovation and open communication.

During my tenure I have been surrounded by inspirational management that have taken an active role in my career development. I have also greatly benefited from close mentorships. IGT have facilitated a number of excellent personal progression opportunities including sponsorship for studies, focused internal management training courses, knowledge sharing off sites and career opportunities across the different company verticals.

Further to this I am surrounded by colleagues who have phenomenal knowledge of the industry and are experts in their respective roles. The culture internally means that colleagues are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other.

In summary, I feel incredibly fortunate to be an IGT employee.

Cons

IGT expects staff to go the extra mile, but does reward staff accordingly.

Advice to Management

The exec webcast updates are an excellent way of communicating company updates and empowering every employee - long may these continue.

2. "good place to work"

I have been working at IGT full-time

Pros

young and vibrant with expertise in travel domain

Cons

limited growth opportunites, limited customers and no product line