IGT - They took SO MUCH from us. . . | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IGT

"They took SO MUCH from us. . ."

Pros

Direct Supervisors and Management were good to me but they could not stop what the company was changing so I had to go.

Cons

Company said they never did lay-offs but that was a big lie. They went through a crazy long string of lay-offs. No more holiday party, no more company picnics, cash share (bonus) checks all but gone. and some went several years without a raise. They thought they were doing us a favor.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like a resource and treat them like people with real lives and real family that are hit hard by the changes you are making. Also, stop taking the company jet for your personal vacations.

Other Employee Reviews for IGT

"A very big company with no direction"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits. Relocation assistance available. Strong Human Resources that really cares and tries to do their job .. but they don't run the company.

Cons

A manufacturing company trying to become and internet content provider. if you work on the legacy BI apps you will be unraveling other peoples' 10 year old spaghetti code. You may have interesting tasks if you are on the new dev side. Many horror stories about middle management. The stories I know are true but I don't know all the stories.

Advice to Management

Engineering needs clear strong technical direction.

"Reno mentality keeps this potentially great company anchored to the box"

Former Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at IGT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

paychecks don't bounce; free coffee; no accountability.

Cons

"Lifer" type of mentality/employee (very common in Reno) is more of a negative than a positive at IGT. It is basically an innovation killer for this wanna be high tech company. it is hard for fresh blood to inject new ideas; the company is rooted in a dated way of doing things as a result. getting anything done at IGT is a challenge because the culture and political navigation stream is so polluted. For great people it is a stepping stone. For bad people they can hide there for life.

Advice to Management

Shift the big office from Reno to a new one in Silicon Valley.