IGT - Magazine management means constant changes, with hardly any improvements for the actual employees. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for IGT

"Magazine management means constant changes, with hardly any improvements for the actual employees."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can gain experience in your craft / skill(s). Lower management understands how their employees feel and do what they can to keep them happy.

Cons

Upper management will attempt to push out changes that will only affect the people at the lowest rungs, without first consulting them for their opinion on the matter.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money with all these attempts to boost morale with posters and so called "rewards". You want to truly reward the people working there, invest in the employees as a whole; whether that be through pay increases / promotions, employee events, or even putting pinball machines back in the break room(s).

Other Employee Reviews for IGT

1. "Lucky to be here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No single person can speak for a company this big. I see and read the negative comments and I am not without empathy. However, I left for a while, it is tough out there. It is extremely difficult to find any job, let alone a good or great job.
    I was lucky to get my foot back in the door and the department in which I am employed happens to be amazing. We have clear goals and concise leadership and I look forward to coming here everyday and working with my team and our partners.
    Many problems we face are being faced by other companies, all across the country.
    We all need to step it up.
    I am sorry if you do not like it here, but you will not bring me down.

Cons

Sure there are some problems and concerns. Again, these problems are happening in many companies, but on an individual basis there just might be something that you can do to make it better.

Advice to Management

If I had any good advice for someone who is qualified to to be a Manager, V.P. or CEO, I guess I would apply for one of those positions so that I could make more money and advance my career.
    Working on it. Not there yet.

2. "that's the best company"

Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Coventry, RI
    Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Coventry, RI

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

affordable pay, benefits , friendly place,

Cons

for me there is not downside of working