IGT - Company is in a final downward spiral | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IGT

"Company is in a final downward spiral"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Reno, NV
Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Reno, NV

I worked at IGT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is fair, the benefits are great, and the people are smart (when they're not afraid to talk to you).

Cons

I left after upper management decided to start recording phone calls and text messages. The whole place feels very draconian, coldly corporate, and there is an air of fear permeating every hallway. Upper management has moved from being simply incompetent to openly hostile toward their employees. The reverberations of this change in management style is beginning to be felt through a loss of morale, quarterly lay-offs, and a fear of speaking up. People are being let go for "cost savings", and people who dare to speak up about productivity losses resulting from the loss of head count are being fired.

People are afraid. In my years of working there, I had never seen people behaving this way and I've never seen morale and workplace happiness worse at *any* company in my career.

Advice to Management

Leave. Seriously. Please hand the reins over to someone who knows what they are doing in this industry, and more importantly, how to value the people who work every day to make it all happen. The people here are your most valuable asset, and I'm afraid the time is coming when too many losses will simply send the company into its death throes.

Other Employee Reviews for IGT