IHOP - great place to work | Glassdoor

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Server in Colonie, NY
Current Employee - Server in Colonie, NY

I have been working at IHOP part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good shifts good managers nice atmosphere

Cons

not enough hours not enough pay

Advice to Management

more hours!

Other Employee Reviews for IHOP

1. "Love working at ihop"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at IHOP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good tips...fast turnover....day goes by fast

Cons

Working holidays and weekends....that's pretty much it

Advice to Management

Close on Christmas...make night shift do more sidework

2. "Convenient temp work"

Former Employee - Server in New Bern, NC
    Former Employee - Server in New Bern, NC

I worked at IHOP part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great discounts for seniors and military leave Ihop busy, busy which as a server serves you well and makes a commute worth it.

Cons

Its not cynical to expect your typical mismanagement, and hateful employees who believe they run the store.
    As a server who gets paid perhaps $2.15 an hour you can expect to be doing allot more then serving, which really seems inappropriate, when your preforming task of which there are typically positions such as 'prep-er', 'hostess', 'bus-er' and 'cashier' to fill those positions who get paid the regular min +

Advice to Management

I was blessed to be allowed to work temporarily and was asked back anytime management knew i was in the area, I truly appreciated the opportunity.
    During the times I worked with Ihop the management was pretty lax and many things were not on point such as no uniforms available even though the cost of it came out of my first pay check.(However when I returned the third time I brought it up with the hiring manager and he paid me back + enough extra to purchase a white collard shirt locally) To me we looked pretty unprofessional because people showed up in basically whatever they felt like, when uniforms finally did come in the tops were sorely miss-sized and workers still appeared sloppy. Many of the employees walked all over management, and while I found it to be in poor taste I can see why they did it, they were not being lead and there seemed to be some pretty inappropriate conversation gong on regularly. However much of what I encountered appears at least on the surface, to have been resolved since.