IHOP - horrible | Glassdoor

"horrible"

Former Employee - Server in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Server in Baltimore, MD

I worked at IHOP part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good tips, met friends that worked there too

Cons

managers are rude, guests are rude, you do way more work then what your paid for, unpaid worker meetings and many more

Advice to Management

get new management

Other Employee Reviews for IHOP

1. "Horrible employers"

Former Employee - Server in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Maryville, TN

I worked at IHOP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing except maybe the tips and the customers. The location is nice, the food is good. Its hard to say alot of nice things about them.

Cons

The managers, the co workers, the hours suck. The pay sucks, they are the lowest serving job I have had. They work you like crazy. Ask you to come in on your day off or stay for another shift, because someone called out and your the last one cut. Oh also I went on doctor order maternity leave, I came back after my baby was born. They hired someone to take my place so I was unemployed with a newborn to support. Like I said they freaking suck. They didn't have the balls to even tell me, they kept saying call back amd.we.can get you in the schedule. They never did.

Advice to Management

Clean house get new management that cares about the staff. Maybe the turnover rate would slow down drastically.

2. "IHOP Murrieta CA 92563"

Current Employee - Server in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at IHOP part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic servers to work with.

Cons

Horrible shift manager only one to be exact. Total dead end job. Little hours, 4 tables per section, no benifits, no room to promote ever, so if you want to work up until the day you die hears the place for you. Current manager absolutely horrible no respect for employees, will write you up for any guest complaint, but will not right up any seasoned servers or big time but kissers. Expect to miss every meal period too.

Advice to Management

Raise your standards on your management hiring process to prevent ones like we have from miss treating your employees.