II-VI - Sales | Glassdoor

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Saxonburg, PA
Former Employee - Sales in Saxonburg, PA

I worked at II-VI full-time

Pros

Interesting work and nice environment

Cons

Bad management and job ladder

Advice to Management

Inform employees of performance

Other Employee Reviews for II-VI

1. "Production Control"

I have been working at II-VI full-time

Pros

The people here are very nice and eager to help out whenever, or wherever needed. work hard for a great accomplishment. we have great team build like activities from time to time. micromanaging is minimal to none.

Cons

I would say the corporate pay scale has dulled things a bit, but this is still a great company to work with. It's hard to say that for any company that is trying to be competitive in pay that they actually can be with the percentage of cost of living increases more so than companies are willing to give their employees. hard to say its the companies fault, but living and working in some areas while trying to raise a family and provide is hard to do with the way pay raises are influenced.

Advice to Management

management is great at II-VI. I guess being a little more gracious and giving merit raises wouldn't hurt. but it is understandable as to why we feel we need to follow a "structure". Corporate I feel like is becoming a word that has negative connotation behind it. too big

"Expect no home life. Work extremely long hours with virtually no time off. Poorly managed in many of the departments."

I worked at II-VI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Very low out of pocket expense to the employee. But that will soon change to save money for certain individuals.

Cons

Everything else. Pay increases are a joke compared to what the company makes. Bonuses are used as pawns but end up being a joke after all expenses are taken out. Newer employees get no perks or say because seniority rules.