IKA Works - Uplifting | Glassdoor

"Uplifting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Pros

Direct report to China
Family orientated company
The chance to help my customer grow their business

Cons

Reporting to Malaysia
Office politics and sabotage from top management which is not justified

Advice to Management

Should monitor the senior managers or MD, so as they won't build their own kingdom and rules.

Other Employee Reviews for IKA Works

1. "I enjoy working at IKA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at IKA Works full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great company
    - Great work environment
    - Awesome products and technology
    - Motivating vision
    - Lots of investments into the future
    - Great incentives to employees
    - Wilmington very important to the company group + expanding

Cons

Can't think of any atm

Advice to Management

Keep the company running

IKA Works Response

Feb 8, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your positive review and advice. It encourages us to work even harder and ensure our employees have a great place to work.

"Not the best work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at IKA Works full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IKA offers subsidized lunches two times a week.
    Generous paid holiday leave between Christmas and the New Year.
    New facility with lots of natural light.
    Quality products

Cons

IKA does not offer competitive pay and typically had not offered bonuses. Raises; even with an excellent review, are minimal. The environment is very toxic and people do not strive to maintain a professional atmosphere, despite the polished appearance of the facility and the employees. The company as a whole is very superficial and cares little for the well being of their employees. Many managers are very poor and do not provide the structure and support that their employees need to flourish, grow or perform well at their job. Some managers resort to hostility and make the work environment unpleasant. There is a lot of sexism and favoritism in the company. What is good for one is not good for all. Rules are only applicable to some individuals. The lab and process division seem to be treated differently. The lab division will go on elaborate outings and trips, where the process division does none of this.
    There is little room for advancement or growth int he company. There has been a large amount of turn over in the past 3 years.

Advice to Management

Reward those that are deserving. Provide competitive salaries. Ensure that employees are being treated fairly, especially when considering race and gender. Be open to suggestions. The high rate of turn-over is telling that something needs to be fixed. If multiple people have complaints about a manager, listen to them, there is probably something to what they are saying. Turn-over will continue with poor management - look at your managers carefully. Really listen to what is being said in exit interviews, people typically don't leave unless they are really unhappy. Remove the drama from the work place.

IKA Works Response

Jan 18, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review and feedback. We carefully review and reward the performance of our employees and are always open for suggestions. For 2017, we are very happy to introduce our Employee ... More