KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 4.0

My time here

Mar 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good wages, good bonuses, well provisioned, lots of good people that I work with, close to home and full time hours

Cons

Night work can be very tiring, food provided for overnight staff is not as good as the rest of the store gets, hard to progress

Continue reading
  1. 5.0

Laidback Short-term

Dec 3, 2021 - Sales Co-Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

leniency when you call in, discounted employee meals, generous amount of PTO, Emergency sick pay for covid

Cons

some of the managers are annoying, employees overworked due to short staffed

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company I’m proud to work for, but one that is struggling to catch up with modern times

Nov 19, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of management actually cares quite a lot about employees, in a way that I think is rare. They’re willing to follow up on problems even if that causes political difficulties (I.e. high position doesn’t mean you can be unethical and get away with it). Good people all around. Good benefits. Lots of opportunities to socialize virtually, if that’s your thing. There’s always stuff to be done, but there’s rarely a sense of overbearing pressure - management respects that good work takes time.

Cons

So many meetings, often meetings that overlap on content being organized by different groups. So many different teams; projects often feel very chaotic, as you’ll end up having a dependency with a team that no one knows how to contact, what country they’re in, etc. Pay is okay, but it’s decidedly lower than you’d get on the coasts. They are committing hard to a hybrid work plan going forward, so if full remote is important to you, that’s not going to be possible here.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about IKEA.