IKEA - Ikea | Glassdoor

"Ikea"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Robinson, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Robinson, PA

I have been working at IKEA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, the store opens and closes at recent hours, appearance doesn't matter, and you can take your lunch and breaks at anytime you want.

Cons

Management, and pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Some managers could be more personable with their workers.

Other Employee Reviews for IKEA

"pretend to be a great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at IKEA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great medical and vacation benefits.

Cons

I have worked there for 9 years as a sales co-worker. I only make 10.60 an hr. They pretend to be diverse but mostly hire young. They load on work and responsibility and lot's of pressure. The pay is bad and the raises( if you get one) are a joke. They pretend to care about a work life balance but they could care less. They are not loyal to employee's and take advantage when ever posslble. That's part of the reason they like them when they are young. Most people quit because of the frustration level and pay. I just gets worse every year. Totally disorganized. Can't believe store is up and running.

Advice to Management

Value your employee's and pay them a liveable wage for their hard work. Don't pretend you're flexible or concerned with work-life balance. Practice what IKEA preaches...

"Probably the best for retail but stay long enough and you'll begin to see its flaws."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at IKEA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay depending on department.
    Break rooms were nice.
    Three dollar lunches, but in reality the food is mostly horrible.
    Some cool people work there.
    Tuition reimbursement for students - lots of red tape here and you're basically required to work every weekend.
    Paid vacation time.

Cons

Management is clueless as to what happens on the floor. All they see are the numbers.
    Hours are horrible and unfair, especially to younger employees. Expect to work an hour to an hour and a half after close every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of your life while the old people work mid-shifts and get weekends off frequently.
    The lifers are just weird.
    If you're a college student - don't get stuck here. I spent much of my college career at IKEA because they offered good pay and a tuition reimbursement, but looking back I wish I had reached out and found an intern.

Advice to Management

Spend some darn time on the sales floor - especially on weekends. Give your younger employees some better hours, they're your best workers.