IKEA - Incredible company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for IKEA

"Incredible company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at IKEA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Here is a company who not only cares about its community, but knows that in order to do so they need to take care of their employees. I have never seen a better group of individuals in one place than at IKEA. The best benefit package I have seen bar none.

Cons

The pay is low, great for recent grads and individuals with no family. Otherwise, Their pay is the highest in the retail industry and you can live off it, just turn in your Hummer and buy a Corolla.

Advice to Management

Stay on task. If they continue to execute their culture, it will hands down be the best place I have ever worked for.

Other Employee Reviews for IKEA

"Kitchen Planner"

Current Employee - IKEA Kitchen Seller
    Current Employee - IKEA Kitchen Seller

I have been working at IKEA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is great at start. Pay is more than most other departments. It is a specialist position and you can get paid ok. There benefits are great, they do take care of people there.

Cons

Too much politics. NOT ENOUGH STAFF. A lot of empty promises for advancing ones development there (even when asked). They recently began paying more than minimum wage for any position... but what about those that have been there for years??? They love to wiggle there way out of questions on salary.

Advice to Management

STEERING. Spend a day in our department. Don't just walk by, talk to us.
    See how it is to really great people and sell a kitchen, it's not as easy as you may think it is. We are customer service, sales people, kitchen designers, installation helpers, countertop specialists, we are cashiers, we set up services like the home delivery department and we know how to sell all of showroom. Can you do all that? I think that we are underpayed for all that we do. We do get payed ok, but there is a big gap between Team Leads and upper management. We are on the floor with customers.

2. "I have had a great 5 plus years"

I have been working at IKEA part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company gives you a chance to become a leader in whatever area you are working in. Easy to get along with most coworkers and managers

Cons

Much like any job the pay could always be better. Dont have enough coworkers at certain departments when there is a need for them.